Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rite of Confession

It has been over three years since my last  and first} Rite of Confession.

I am way past due to make another one. Sadly, I really know I SHOULD make the sacramental Confession, but truth be told I don't want to do it.

No one likes to face their sins in such a profound way. Bu I know from experience how cleansing this rite can be. And I needed to do it *yesterday*. But like the prideful human I am, I find excuses to NOT go to Confession.

I screw up often.

But then , everyone screws up often. God does not expect perfection--just obedience. And the Church provides us with a rite to " make things better" but openly naming one's sins before God in the presence of a priest.

To my more Protestant fiends, naming one's sins befoe a priest is not an easy task. But who said anything healthy and worthwhile is easy?

But this Lenten journey we are on isn't supposed to be easy. We will stumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment