Friday, March 1, 2013

#ThisIsWhatAFeministLooksLike: Christiane Amanpour




March is known as Womens' History Month, so all month I'll honor famous { and maybe not-so-famous-women} who have made an impact on my growth & development. There are several women who have affected my growth as a person & they deserved to be honored.

Today I honor Christiane Amanpour of CNN & ABC News fame.

I remember following Ms Amanpour's career since she joined CNN back when it only showed repeating newsreels every hafhour{ or something like that} When I was a child in the 1980's I remember thinking how cool it would be to report from war zones around the world as she did. Actually, I still wish I could travel to war zones to report back to an international news readership/viewership such as CNN/Time.

I didn't , however, really take note of Ms Amanpour's work until the Bosnian crisis. I still have vivid memories of Ms Amanpour challenging President Clinton regarding the situation in Bosnia ad admiring her "chutzpah" in how she handled questioning the President.



I still make a point to watch all her in-depth work as well as her assignments in far-off places.

No comments:

Post a Comment