Monday, March 25, 2013

Shalom Chavarim

My mom's family is Jewish...and since tonight will mark the first evening of the Feast of the Passover I want to share the lyrics that I had learned{ isn't life ironic?} as a Presbyterian.

If the truth is to  be told, I didn't take away many " good vibes" from my last couple of years at Southern PCUSA Church, but I admit that some good memories remain with me.

One of the songs we did when I sang in that choir as a recessional song was a Hebrew folk song  the words { in Hebrew}  are something like this:

Shalom chavarim, Shalom chavarim
Shalom, shalom
L'hit rah-oat L'hit-rah-oat
Shalom, shalom!


Here is the rough English translation:

Shalom my friends, shalom, my friends
Til we meet again, til we meet again,
Shalom! Shalom!

On this first night of The Feast of the Passover, may Jews & Christians pray for a spirit of " shalom" to cover the Earth.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment