Friday, March 22, 2013

Yaking

Yesterday I went kayaking with my parents & some relatives who are visiting Lower Alabama, Florida for a spring vacation. It was cool & windy the first two hours that we were there, but after lunchtime the sun shone & the wind dissipated.

My Dad taought himself to surf{ at the tender age of approximately 60!} several years back & has " graduated" to a smaller board than the one that he started with back then.

Here is " SurferDan" with his board. He ALWAYS wears the orange swim trunks, no other color is acceptable. :O)


I did some kayaking in the Gulf, but no one took a photo of me in the water with the kayak. Kayaking in the Gulf is MUCH harder than doing so on the lake.

My cousins Keven & Ali tried kayaking. Both of them are athletic, so they fared very well for first-time " yakkers"



I've taken to carrying my Vera Bradley purse *everywhere* with me---including the beach! .



We met a cute French-Canadian couple who are friends of friends yesterday. My cousin speaks French fluently, but all I remember from two years of high-school French classes is " bonjour:



It was a GREAT day at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment